Bhopal, a blend of retro and metro lifestyle
Attractive destinations in Bhopal
A small introduction with Bhopal
Bhopal is the capital city of Madhya Pradesh. The name of this city is coined from the ancient king Bhoj Pal. In ancient time this capital city of Madhya Pradesh used to be known as one of the important part of the Bhoj Kingdom. However, today this city is the administrative midpoint of the state of Government. By traveling this city, you will come to see numerous natural as well as artificial lakes. For the presence of numerous lakes, this city is also popular as the city of lakes. Another interesting factor of this city is that, here you will feel the amazing blending of the metro and retro culture. From a long time, this city is an attraction for the travelers for its rich historical monuments and backgrounds. Apart from its well-heeled historical scenario, this site is an important place for the industrial establishments.
- Laxmi Narayan Temple- This temple is also known as the Birla Mandir. By visiting this religious site, you will come to see the worshipping of the Lord Vishnu and his ensemble Devi Laxmi.
- Manav Sangralay- This is a museum which popular for displaying the artifacts related to the tribal culture of India.
- Bhimbetka- This is a heritage site located 40 km away from this city. An important site for its historical and architectural values. The cave paintings of the Neolithic age are the main attraction of this city.
- Sanchi Stupa- This historical site was built in the ruling period of Emperor Asoka. This place is constructed to pay honor to Lord Buddha. The unique architecture, the sculptures, the relics of Lord Buddha, the gate side of this site reflects the unmarred mishmash of the Indian architecture with Tibetan touch. Every time you walk around this clean and well-maintained place, you will discover the site in a new way.
- Van Vihar National Park-This is an open zoo that has a rich collection of the wild animals. The main attraction of this zoo is its close view of the wild life animals. Travelers love to come here to see the feeding session of the animals in every noontime.
- Bharat Bhawan centre of the performing and visual arts- If you want to experience the essence of the Indian performing art culture, then this beautifully erected amphitheatre of Bhopal is the right place for you. Everyday this amphitheatre arranges different theatre shows, music concerts, documentary display shows. Apart from this here, you can get to see different painting and sculpture exhibitions. This place can be described as a complete package for any art lover.
- State museum of Madhya Pradesh-this state museum can be described as a rich museum for its amazing collections on various archaeological evidences. The fossils, archaic manuscripts, coins, outstanding harmonious instruments, paintings, various royal collections, outfits of ancient phase and other historically precious documents give the travelers to know more about the ancient India and the past of this city.
- Gohar Mahal- This old palace of Bhojpuri gives an idea about the rich cultural heritage of India. Nowadays, this site is known as one of the reputed shooting spot for various Bollywood movies industry.
Embroidery Works- Embroidery work is the key of attraction of this city. So, while out for shopping make sure to collect the wonderfully embroidered bags, purse, shawls and various clothes on quality fabrics
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.