Chandigarh, the chic city of India
Different cities of India have their own unique identify. Every city has something special to offer to their travelers. Among those unique cities, Chandigarh is another city that is known for it is wonderfully planned of city life. Another specialty of this city is that it is a common city that shares its capital status with two Indian states Haryana and Punjab. According to various beliefs, the name of this city is hailed from the Goddess Chandi. For many it is the fort of the Chandi Devi. While travelling this Union territory of India, you will come to experience a wonderful blending of the contemporary architecture and urban life. According to multifarious records, it can be said that Chandigarh is the cleanest city of India.
Places to explore in Chandigarh
- Rock Garden- This garden is one of the interesting places of the Chandigarh, which was built by cleaning the jungle area and by various recycled materials. Here you will come to see some rare kind of sculptures created by Nek Chand. Today travelers explore this location for watching its amazing man made surroundings and park.
- Sukhna Lake- This Lake is an artificial water reservoir. This place can be described as the heart of this city, where you will get reputed amusement parks, shopping, malls, jogging areas and a paddle boating facility to make most of your holiday.
- Rose garden- As per various records, this Rose garden is considered as the leading rose garden in Asia, with a wide range of collections of rose. Every year this garden is noted for arranging rose festival.
- Pinjore Gardens- This Mughal pattern garden is a favorite picnic spot for the local as well as international travelers. This lower Shivalik range park area is famous for its fascinating background, mini zoo, nursery of plants, historic palaces, and Japanese garden. The amazing scenario and environment of this location are known for making the travelling more memorable.
- Chandigarh Museum- This museum is a perfect place where you will be able to know the city from the core. By visiting to this museum, you will get a transparent idea on forming this city in different phases of time. Apart from knowing the historical background of Chandigarh, you will come to see ancient Indian art in its big art gallery. The collection of the relics from the Harrapan period will help you to feel the ancient essence of Indian sculpture.
- Cactus Garden- This garden is located in Panchkula which 8 km away from the Chandigarh. This garden is known as the largest luscious Botanical Garden in the Asia continent. The rare collections of cactus are the major attraction of this garden. Here you can see almost 3500 types of cactus.
- Mohali Cricket Stadium- This is one of the most popular stadium in India. This wide spread green stadium has witnessed many famous Indian cricket matches. If you are a sports crazy person, then this is the perfect place for you to explore.
Things to buy in Chandigarh
In Chandigarh, you will come across various reputed shopping malls. From these malls, you can buy any kind of knick-knack for your deal ones that may include coffee mugs, shirts, home décor accessories and more.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.