Chintapurni, the temple town of Himachal Pradesh
An Introduction of the city of Chintapurni
Chintapurni is a beautiful city for pilgrims. From a long time, travelers from different places come to explore this city to offer a puja to the sacred Goddess Devi Sati. It is considered as one of the 7 major Shakti Peeths among other 51 peeths. As per the administrative records, this city comes under the Una district of Himachal Pradesh state. Being surrounded by the mesmerizing mountain range of the Shivalik, this city offers an eye-catching look for the travelers. Goddess Durga is worshipped in this temple in the name of Chinnamastaka. According to mythological texts, it is said that, when after the death of Goddess Sati, Lord Vishnu fragmented the heavenly body of Devi Sati, to stop the Tandava of lord Shiva, and then in this city the feet of the Goddess was felt.
Places of interest in Chintapurni
- Chiutappurni temple- This temple is the main attraction of this city. This beautiful temple is considered as one of the most pious temples that falls under the Shakti Peeths. In this ancient temple, Devi Sati is worshipped in the form of Pindi, a round shaped stone. To offer a puja, pilgrims, need to wait in a long queue. In this temple photography by the travelers are not allowed. To get an image of the idol, pilgrims, need to purchase them from the professional photographers or nearby stalls.
- Thaneek Pura-Thaneek Pura is located 3km away from the Chintapurni Temple. This place is recorded as one of the most ancient location. By travelling in this fascinating location, you will find a deep well of primordial period. Here travelers will come across the beautiful temples of Radha Krishna Temple, Guga Zahar Peer Temple, mahiya Sidh Temple.
- Dharmsal Mahantan-This spiritual site is located 5km away from Chintapurni. This beautiful site is a popular destination for the Sikh people Along with watching this temple; you will find an ancient well named after Pap Khandan. According to local people, it is considered that the water of this well is drained from River Ganga.
- Shitala Devi Temple- Another pious temple of Chintapurni. This temple is located 5km away from the Chintapurnib Temple.
- Jwalamukhi Temple- When you come to visit Chijntapurni, along with watching the temple of Chintapurni, you will get some more temples in this city, which are also as famous as the Chintapurni Shrine. Among these names, one of the mostly visited sites is Jwalamukhi Temple. According to Indian mythology, Goddess Jwalamukhi is the deity of burning mouth. This temple is located 35km away from the Chintapurni temple. Most of the pilgrims prefer to visit this temple, after viewing the Chintapurni Temple.
- Maharana Pratap Sagar-This 450 km area covered reservoir and wildlife shelter is located 20 km away from the Chintapurni. In this wildlife sanctuary travelers can view near about 200 different species of itinerant birds. Along with viewing these beautiful avian creatures, travelers can enjoy the water sports like sailing, boating, water skiing, Water rafting.
Shopping in Chintapurni
Religious buy- As this ancient city of Himachal Pradesh is mostly occupied by a religious ambience, so if you want to purchase something from here , then go for buying images of God and Goddess or can check out the books on religion from its nearby shops.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.