A healthy soup, Now, get the solution to your queries how to make Cream of Broccoli Soup, how to cook Cream of Broccoli Soup, how to prepare Cream of Broccoli Soup. This is a healthy recipe for a complete vegetarian soup.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Makes 6 servings
3/4 Cup Broccoli florets
2 tbsp plain Flour (Maida)
2 1/4 cups Milk
2 1/2 cups White Stock
3 tbsp Butter
Salt to taste
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of Butter, add 3/4 of the Broccoli and cook gently for a few minutes.
- Add the white Stock and cook until soft. Remove from the heat and pass through a blender to make a puree.
- Melt the remaining Butter in a Pan over gentle heat. Add the Flour and stir for 1 minute making sure that there is no discolouration.
- Add the Milk and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes and add Salt, Pepper and Nutmeg powder. Add to the Soup.
- In a separate Pan of boiling water, blanch the remaining Broccoli to a bright green colour. Strain carefully and refresh in ice-cold water. Drain.
- Put the blanched Broccoli in the soup, garnish and heat for a few minutes just before serving.
- Serve piping hot.