Daporijo, the city to watch the variety of flora and fauna
Information about the city of Daporijo
Daporijo is a beautiful city of Arunachal Pradesh state, which falls under the Upper Suvbansiri district. This beautiful city of Arunachal Pradesh is located 600m above the sea level. This city is known for housing a wide variety of the flora and fauna. While traveling this city you will see a beautiful amalgamation of different cultures and religions. This amalgamation of multi culture has improved the cultural and social scenario of the city. This presence of multi cultural; background also helped to make this city unique that other towns of Arunachal Pradesh. Though this city is now in its blooming phase, but in spite of this metropolitan development, this city still enjoys a fresh and pollution free surroundings.
Places of interest to explore in Daporijo
- Meghna Cave temple-This beautiful cave temple is located on the 300ft above the mountain. In this ancient cave you will find that Lord Shiva is being worshipped in the name of Lord Lakulisha, which are the 28th embodiments of Lord Shiva. This temple is famous for its beautiful surroundings. To reach these temple travellers need to cross few steps amidst the green surrounding. After entering this beautiful cave made temple, will find the Sanskrit scripture of the Kali Puarana. This temple becomes one of the visited sites in the season of Mahashivratri.
- Kamala Reserve Forest- This reserve forest is noted for its wide collections of flora and fauna. Inside this Reserve forest, travelers will find numerous collections of birds, reptiles and other wild life creatures. This reserve forest is famous for the bird watching facilities.
- Daporijo Good shepherd Church-This is one of the pious site of the Christians. The tribal Christians are the main visitors of this church. This church consists of 2500 members. This church also operates a big Missionary school.
- Daporijo Museum and Craft centre-This ancient museum of the Daporijo city will give an insight on the tribal art and hand crafts collections. This museum is also famous for housing the precious historical belongings of the tribal people. Apart from seeing the collections of art and cultural materials, this city is known for having a large number of collections of tribal costumes, headgears, weapons, bamboo and crane made art works.
- Sigem Daporgio Reserve Forest-This beautiful forest of this city falls under the heavy rain forest range. This forest houses a wide range of flora and fauna for its climatic background. Among the collections of flora the reputed names are Bahera, Simul, Nahar, Borpat, Amari, tita sopa Gonsorai and others. On the other hand, here you will locate some rare collections of semi evergreen trees like Sam, maj, Udal, Siris etc. Apart from these special evergreen trees, you can fine some common vegetation like Bamboo, cane, palm in this forest.
Apart from housing a large variety in the flora, this city offers grand collections of fauna like monkey, Lemurs, cats, Dogs, Mongoose, Elephants, goats, Deer, Hare, Rhino, and Squirrels. Some beautiful avian creatures like peacock, partridges, Owls, Babblers, Lamwing, Ashy Wood pigeon, Wrethed Hornbill, Robin, Sun Birds, Bulbul, Coucal, Emerald Dove, Wall Creeper, Kingfishers and more will attract your eyes.
Things to buy in Daporijo
Bamboo and Cane works- While exploring this city, then you will get numerous stores. From these stores, you can purchase the handmade tribal arts made of bamboo and cane materials.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.