Dhanauti, the panoramic city of North India
Introduction of the city of Dhanauti
Dhanauti is one of the major attractions for the trekkers. The pine, rhododendron and deodar trees surround this hill city which gives an additional beauty to its surroundings. According to the administrative records this city falls under the Uttarakhand state. This city is located on the 2,286 m above the sea level. This place is a popular summer retreat for the travelers. The peaceful surroundings and lush green background makes this site more attractive for the travelers.
Destinations to visit in Dhanauti
- Eco Park-While traveling in this site, you will come to see two different parks that are named after Amber and Dhara. Now this beautiful eco park is now under the control of Forest Department of the Garhwal region.
- Surkanda Devi Temple-This shrine is located 8km away from this city. This temple is dedicated to praise to worship deity Parvati. To reach this 10,000ft high temple, you have to trek up to a distance of 1.5 km. From this temple you can view the valleys of Dehradun valley, Garhwal region and Himalaya's mountain ranges. If you cannot trek this temple, then you can hire horse and ponies.
- Potato farm- While traveling this site, you will find that a large area of Dhanauti is covered by this beautiful potato farm. This place is also known as the Aloo khet to the local people. This place is known for its walking trails. Most of the field of this farm area is occupied by the Government and private owners. Nowadays this place is noted for supplying these potatoes to the market areas.
- Camp Thangdhar-This site is located 14km away from this city. This picaresque place is noted for an attractive location for camping. This mountain site is known for the surroundings of deodar trees. Near this site you will find near about 31 Jain temples. These temples are known for its beautiful architecture which is inspired from the Vishnu temple types of architecture. Apart from trekking, this site offers the facilities of mountain bike, golf playing, bonfire, rock climbing activities. According to experts, these beautiful Jain temples were built in 6th to 17th century. In the Jain temples, you will come across the amazing carvings of the Jain mythology.
- Kanatal- This beautiful site is located 15 km away from the city. By traveling here, you will come to experience the amazing blend of the lush green nature and the sweet sound of wind. This is now an emerging tourist attraction.
- Deo Garh- This is an amazing location, which is known for its 16th century old fort. This site is closely located in the Pratapgarh. Apart from watching this fort, you can find some enchanting palaces near this site, which are embellished with the unmarred works of mural. Near these palaces, you will find some beautiful Jain temples.
Shopping in Dhanauti
Handmade clothing- If you need to buy something uncommon product for gifting or self using purpose, then you can try out the handmade natural dyed wool made shawls, scarves, eri silk, pashmina. The specialty of these Himalayan weavers made handloom products are that, they are environment friendly and long lasting.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.