Itanagar, a eternally beautiful city of Arunachal Pradesh
Information about the city of Itanagar
Itanagar is the capital city of Arunachal Pradesh. This city is considered as one of the ancient city of Arunachal Pradesh that dates back to 11th century. This city is located on the foot of the Himalaya hill range. For this vicinity of this city with the Himalaya, this city enjoys wonderful natural surroundings with the peaceful blending of Buddhist. As this city falls under the Oceanic climate zone, this city enjoys a cool and comfortable weather. For this comfortable summer, travelers from the different regions come to explore this city to spend a comfortable summer vacation here. The blend of tradition with the contemporary culture makes this as one of the most interesting city in Arunachal Pradesh.
Places of interest in Itanagar
- Ita fort- This fort is the major attraction for the tourists. This ancient castle is located in the middle of this capital city of Arunachal Pradesh. Etymologically this fort means a fort built by bricks. According to various sources Ramchandra of Mayapur is credited as the key person behind the construction of this fort in 15th century.
- Buddhist Monastery- This monastery will help you to get rid of pangs and pains of your life by enhancing the spiritual level by its lessons. The peaceful ambience of this yellow roof covered hill top located religious sites of Buddhists attract numerous tourists from different locations to spend calm and bustle free life amidst nature and religion.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Museum-This is one of the most popular museums located in this city. Here you will notice remarkable collections of ancient art, sculptures, familial goods, handcrafts, armaments to preserve in this museum. This museum gives a view of the cultural and traditional background of this city through its rich collections.
- Zoological Park-This Park is known as the pride of Itanagar for its wide collections of wild animals which includes the Royal Bengal Black Bear, Leopard, Hornbill, and the wide collections of exceptional species of birds.
- Ziro sightseeing- If you want to see the amazing farfetched landscapes of this city, then you need to drive your vehicle to this 170 km away spot. From this plateau area, you will get to see the beautiful landscapes.
- Ganga Lake-This is a natural lake created on the hill top of Himalaya. If you come to this lakeside in showery season, you will get to see the lake at its most transparent form. Apart from the crystal water of this lake its surroundings will make you feel comfortable and fresh while visiting this site.
- Rupa- This is a tiny hill station located near the bank of Tenga River. The mesmerizing surroundings are the reason behind visiting this location. The wide spread valleys, lush green backdrop of woods with the hospitability of the neighbouring people will help you to experience the innocence of nature and humanity. If you are looking for an escape from your complicated mundane life, then this is the best place to consider in your list of traveling.
Shopping in Itanagar
Art works- While exploring this blessed city of nature do not miss a chance to buy the artworks prepared by the local people of this city.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.