Katihar, the commercial town of Bihar
Information about the city
Katihar is a well known city of Indian state Bihar. This city is located 65ft above the sea level. Being located on the Banks of River Ganga, this city is amiable for the agricultural and farming. For this reason, a large number of the local people follow this base. Nowadays, this beautiful ancient city is famous for its Railway Junction, which offers seven lines together. Apart from this, Katihar is famous for its Jute Mills. These Jute Mills control a larger part of the financial background of this city.
Places of Interest
- Badi Durga mandir-This beautiful ancient temple is dedicated to praise Goddess Durga. From a long time local residential as well as the international pilgrims come to visit this temple to offer a puja. This temple is explored by the people from the surrounding villages.
- Gorakhnath Temple- This is one of the mostly explored temples in this city. While you come to this temple will find a herd of devotees come here to offer a puja to the deity Lord Shiva. This temple becomes an interesting place during the occasion of Mahashivratri.
- Kali Mandir-This ancient temple is noted for its historical importance. This ancient temple is dedicated to praise goddess Kali, an embodiment of Goddess Durga. Apart from its historical and religious importance, this city is famous for its architectural importance. If you come this site in the Durgastami and Diwali will come to see a large Puja celebration in the temple.
- Maharshi Mehi das Temple-This beautiful temple is located in the beautiful surroundings. Devotees from national as well as international locations visit this temple, to offer a puja to the Saint Mahi Das. The calm and spiritual surroundings add an extra reason in the wake of traveling this temple.
- TMAA Federation of Martial Arts-This establishment of Katihaar is famous for offering an excellent opportunity to learn the techniques of self defence. Travellers prefer to come here to learn and to view the advanced steps of the martial arts from here.
- Ashok Dham mandir- This beautiful mandir is located in the Lakhisarai. This beautiful ancient temple is dedicated to worship Lord Shiva. The fine architecture of this temple is a major attraction for the travellers.
- Baba Nageswar Nath temple- This is one of the most attractive destination for the pilgrims to Katihar. this shrine is dedicated to Lord Shiva. Apart from being an important traveling destination, this site offers an interesting historical background to the travelers. For being an ancient traveling destination, tourists from local and international places come to offer puja in this temple in the special occasion of Maha Shivaratri.
- Baghi Math-This spiritual site is located in the Baghi Village. From a long time, this special religious site is famous for witnessing the visiting of numerous spiritual personalities. Apart from it, this beautiful spiritual destination is known for its 108 rooms, which are constructed for various spiritual activities. If you want o spend few days in spiritual activities to enhance your spiritual levels, then this is the best destination for you.
- As katihar is noted for its production of the high quality Jute products, so you can easily splash out on any good jute product form the local shops.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.